Monday, July 23, 2007

Today's neuro appointment went pretty well. I really liked the neuro. She was very nice to Mom and included Mom in all of the discussions. I talked to her about the diarrhea problem and she thought we should cut the Aricept dosage in half to 5 mg to see if that makes a difference. She did not feel neuro psychological testing is necessary. Poor Mom, about the only question that she could answer was that the season is summer. Oh and she knew who is president, she said "That doofus". That got a chuckle from the neurologist. And for some reason her feet were really ticklish when the doctor checked her feeling in her feet. I guess she's never really liked people tickling her feet, Dad used to try to do that and she would get so mad!

I also went to the doctor today for my UTI. It was not cured by the last round of antibiotics, and in fact I was running fever today (100.0 degrees). That might explain why I've been hot and sweating like a pig, and tired and sort of depressed. That, plus the humidity here is unbelievably tropical. It's awful. Minnesota, the land of fire and ice.

Mom LOVES to color, she will sit for hours at the dining room table 'painting' as she calls it. I try to buy her coloring books for adults, she likes to paint Mandalas but just about anything will do. Right now she is coloring in her Hello Kitty coloring book. Some of the kids coloring books have word searches and sometimes Mom will try to do those, with my help. Mom was always very creative so the fact that she loves to color is no surprise. She also enjoys playing the piano. She plays one particular song from memory, but that song is starting to fade. Then she will play scales. I don't know if she can still read music. I've left some of her sheet music out but she doesn't pick it up and play it.

3 comments:

~Betsy said...

I hope you are feeling better soon. UTI's can be so nasty!

rilera said...

Hi Betsy, thanks! The antibiotic seems to be working. Now my goal is to get Mom tested as we think she has a UTI.

nancy said...

last week when russ went to the neurologist he couldn't even tell them the season so don't feel bad. i love the idea about coloring - i'll have t try it with russ. thanks. hope you continue feeling better!

Nine Years and Counting

Mom has been gone for a little over nine years. This blog was a huge mechanism for helping me cope with her illness and daily downfall. I...