Saturday, August 4, 2007

After several days of dazzlingly beautiful weather, we finally received some much needed rain. It was overcast and cool all day. Mom's financial planner came to visit today. Mom really is good at pulling off lucidity, but all of that was shot to heck at the end of the visit when she became less herself. It's so sad to see this happen. My sister comes to visit on Tuesday, I'm looking forward to having someone else around even for a few days.

I really haven't kept up with the news about the bridge collapse. I did see a show on CNN today though that interviewed some of the responders and some of the survivors. It is amazing to see these people and to hear their stories. I'm sure that all cities have their heroes but for some reason it seems that Minnesota has the whole Minnesota nice thing going on. That's what makes this such a great place to live, regardless of the winters :)

No comments:

Nine Years and Counting

Mom has been gone for a little over nine years. This blog was a huge mechanism for helping me cope with her illness and daily downfall. I...