Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Last night when Mom and I came home from her hair appointment, that little devil Olivia escaped into the garage while Mom was coming into the house. I was not in the mood to deal with Mom who was tearful about her haircut and her kitty escaping and Olivia would not cooperate and get back into the house so I grabbed the broom and used the handle to get her out from underneath the car. I probably whacked her too hard with the broom handle but eventually I chased her out from under the car and back into the house. Lily was observing all of this from her safe place on the sofa. I have to be more gentle with the broom I guess.

Once again it is rainy and cool here. It's getting monotonous. And the flooding in the southeast of the state is unbelievable. I feel for those people.

The President is going to visit Minneapolis today, supposedly around the evening rush hour which means that most of my evening commute could be delayed for who knows how long. Wish he would just stay in DC and clean up some of his mess there.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

And someone made fun of me for having a ceramic pet!! They do not run away.

rilera said...

But ceramic pets don't cuddle with Mom! She loves her cat and vice versa so it's worth it :)

Nine Years and Counting

Mom has been gone for a little over nine years. This blog was a huge mechanism for helping me cope with her illness and daily downfall. I...