Sunday, February 3, 2008

Every year for at least the last 10 I have gotten Mom a 'Watch 'Em Grow' garden. It's basically a bunch of springtime bulbs (daffodils, tulips, hyacinths and crocus) in a container. It's wonderful to watch the bulbs as they grow and flower. It's a beautiful sight. The daffodils are already starting to flower. The only problem that I have is that the leaves and flowers get so leggy and end up drooping all over. Mine never looks as good as the picture on the left.

Last night I started on my sister's wedding scrapbook, finally. I have a new Photosmart printer that does an awesome job of printing out the photos. I've enlarged several so that I can include them in the album. I've also taken a few that didn't turn out so well and enhanced them so that they can be included too. I just haven't felt very motivated to work on this, maybe because I'm afraid of it not turning out nice. That and the fact that Mom never lets me too far out of her sight. My sister suggested that I bring stuff upstairs so that Mom can help or just watch me work on it. I might try that. In the meantime I've been knitting and I am more relaxed.

Mom has been coloring non-stop as usual. Last night she was going through her old coloring books and filling in areas she had previously not colored. I also bought her a bunch of new books, none of them Scooby Doo. She didn't like the Scooby Doo one. She likes the princesses and Disney ones best.

The sun is trying to peak out. We received a light dusting of snow overnight. I'm ready for spring, or at least some warmer, sunnier weather.

3 comments:

nancy said...

i've never heard of a "watch them grow" basket. what a neat idea. thanks for sharing it. maybe i'll have to look for one.

good luck with the scrapbook. i'm glad you are getting time to knit as well.

i'm with ya on the warmer weather thing too!!!

rilera said...

Nancy, we buy the watch 'em grows at Bachmans, a local nursery. They're awesome. They are our little touch of spring during the depths of winter.

~Betsy said...

I love the baskets, too. What a great idea!

I hope you got some of this warmth we are experiencing here today. It does wonders for the soul but not so good for the potholes - freeze/thaw = holes.

Nine Years and Counting

Mom has been gone for a little over nine years. This blog was a huge mechanism for helping me cope with her illness and daily downfall. I...