Sunday, February 17, 2008

Mom and I had such a good day yesterday. She was almost like 'herself' (non-AD-like). The sun was shining and we listened to The Nutcracker and The Most Uplifting Classical Music Ever. It was a lovely day. We had spaghetti for dinner and then we watched one of our favorite movies On Golden Pond. Mom watched the entire movie and followed the plot. Of course it started the where's-my-husband-what-happened-to-him conversation. She knew he was dead so there was no tricking her with 'he's not here right now'. Today it's back to being cloudy but still close to 30F.

4 comments:

Annie said...

I'm glad you had a lovely day, Robyn, you deserve it.

~Betsy said...

Those days are enough to lift the spirit for a bit. I'm so glad you had one!

nancy said...

i agree, those are the times that we cherish. so happy you experienced it. now, tuck it away to savor for a rainy day!

Joanne said...

Oh, Robyn, I'm so glad you had a good day with your mom. Those are treasures to hold close to your heart.

Nine Years and Counting

Mom has been gone for a little over nine years. This blog was a huge mechanism for helping me cope with her illness and daily downfall. I...