Friday, February 8, 2008

It's snowing here today, but we are not supposed to get very much snow. Not like what Milwaukee and Madison got earlier this week (are you dug out yet Nancy?). We are supposed to have arctic cold on Saturday and Sunday. Yay, my favorite -- NOT!

Mom slept until 7:30 this morning. Meanwhile I feel like I'm catching a cold so I broke out the Zicam. Seems like everywhere I go someone is sick so I guess it's inevitable if I'm catching something. Hopefully I can head it off with Zicam and my neti pot. Have I ever mentioned my neti pot? I love it. It has really helped me avoid sinus problems and controls my allergies pretty well. Before I started using it I had a sinus infection every winter. Now I haven't had one in years! That alone is worth the cost of using this pot. The process is kind of gross, but once you get used to it you realize that pouring water into one nostril and out the other is not going to drown you.

2 comments:

nancy said...

yes, we are all dug out. we got about 14". we too are suppose to have the bitter cold again this weekend.

i'm not familiar with a neti pot. i will have to read up on it as my oldest has seasonal allergies and nothing seems to help.

how's your mom?

rilera said...

Yikes! 14 inches! You have really gotten a lot of snow this winter, haven't you?

Nine Years and Counting

Mom has been gone for a little over nine years. This blog was a huge mechanism for helping me cope with her illness and daily downfall. I...