Monday, February 11, 2008

Here is the latest picture of Mom, taken on Sunday. Her new perm looks great, and she enjoys looking at herself in the mirror and checking it out. Tonight she is wide awake so I thought I would blog. Would you suspect that this sweet face would be such a pain the the you-know-what tonight? She's been doing the 'I want to get up --I want to go to bed thing' tonight. Luckily I got a good night's rest last night so I'm not exhausted tonight.

My cold has settled into my chest and I have a wonderful cough. Otherwise I feel OK. I'm still wheezing. Tonight Mom asked what that noise was. It was me wheezing. It only seems to be bad when I lie down.

I am over this cold weather and ready for spring.

I have emailed the 3 memory care facilities and let them know that I am close to ready. I've heard from one. So tomorrow I'm going to call them. This is going to be the hardest decision I've ever had to make so I hope that I get help from my family on this. It shouldn't be just me, though I'm the one who is living it every day so I guess it has to be me and me alone.

7 comments:

Annie said...

Oh honey. I'm sitting here trying to come up with words, but they don't seem to be coming. I'm sorry you're going through this alone. I hope your family supports you, whatever you decide. Hugs heading north!

nancy said...

what a wonderful picture of your mom!!!

follow your heart on your decision with your mom. as you said, you are living it 24/7 so it really is up to you. i support you in whatever you decide. you have made such wise decisions before so i know it will be carefully thought out and made with love. thinking of you. (((hugs)))

Joanne said...

((HUGS)) Robyn. I know how hard this decision is for you. Whatever you decide, you know we'll all be here for you.

Annie said...

Just checking in to see how you're doing.

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and wanted to let you know that! What a hard decision. I'm sorry that your siblings aren't stepping up to be there for you both.


Also, coughing along (ha ha) with you. Fun, fun. I'm wheezing too, my son said that he heard a cat, but it was my breathing!

~Betsy said...

Oh Robyn! I'm sorry you are going through this. It's so hard to caregive 24/7 and it makes it even harder when you go it alone. Just adding my support to the others' - I'm here for you whenever you need a friend. ((hugs))

rilera said...

Thank you all my friends. I don't know what I would do without you all. Cin, I hope you feel better. Annie, nancy, betsy and Joanne, thanks for being there for me. You all are awesome.

Nine Years and Counting

Mom has been gone for a little over nine years. This blog was a huge mechanism for helping me cope with her illness and daily downfall. I...